School Admin Help Files
How to edit school based projects - like a Trickster Residency1. Choose Projects from the header menu.2. Choose the Proejct to edit from the list3. Change any fields, videos or photos.4. Review the changes.Then choose your project from the list.Then you can see the project page...
How to add and edit Blog Categories1. Choose blog from Control Panel Menu. Choose either "new category" or "my categories".2. To edit an existing category - click on the name.3. Enter the new category name or edit the existing one and submit.You have added or edited a blog category name.
How to place photos in the banner at top of the School Profile Page.
Pics coming soon.
The photos that make up the banner need to be a minimum size of 480 pixels wide X 300 pixels high. They can be bigger than this, in which case they will autosize. HOWEVER - this is not a standard 4:3 aspect ratio, so photos that have a 4:3 ratio will crop slightly at the top. This may work for your photo - or may not. A safer bet is to pre-size these photos to 480 x 300 pixels.
These are entered in the main control panel.
How to add Educator (teacher) accounts.
At the moment we are setting these up for schools. Please send us an excel Spreadsheet with the first and last name of the teacher, as well as their email address and the grade(s) they teach. The email address will be their login.
We will send back a list of temporary passwords.
How to create, request, or change Class Accounts.
At the moment we are setting these up for schools. We will create a class login for every teacher that teaches a class ( from the list you supply).
We will send back a list of class logins and passwords.
How Schools Can Support NGO Projects with Their Own Project Page1. Explore
2. Log in and create a new project (teachers and administrators).3. Fill in the fields to match the NGO project where appropriate. Customize it to fit with your Students' goals and inspirations.
4. If you are fundraising, go to canadahelps.org and "Create a Fundraiser".5. The link for the giving page you create will be used in the New Project setting.6. Start blogging and creating student work about your project to share your stories and inspire others.
How to set up donations on your project page through Canada Helps
1. When asked 'Funding Required?' on Project setup page, select 'Yes', enter your goal donation amount and if you have received any donations so far
2. Go to the Canada Helps website at www.canadahelps.org and navigate to the 'login' page
3. Create a new account on Canada Helps or login with an existing account
4. Select that you would like to register for a GivingPage Account
5. Fill out the registration form
6. Once your account is setup, you can make your own GivingPage
7. Fill out the GivingPage Setup Page, whether you want to show fundraising amounts, fundraising deadlines etc.
8. Search and Select the Charity or NGO you want to support and finish your GivingPage
9. Visit your GivingPage and copy the web url
10. Paste this url into the Donate Url Field on your Project Page
11. Submit the changes, and visit your project page to see the 'Support this Project' Donation link working and connecting to your Canada Helps Giving Page
How to commit funding to an NGO Project
1.Choose your NGO Project from the NGO Showcase
2. Select the NGO of your choice or navigate through the filters on the right to find an NGO Project
3. Choose the NGO Project
4. Fill out the Donation Form and your method of payment and your project page will be setup as a supporter of the NGO Project